Recreate a childhood memory in a photograph. Think carefully about the memory you choose and how you’ll recreate it. You’re free to approach this task in any way you wish.
Many memories. Here are a few:
- Waking up in the night, hearing engines overhead and aware of my Nan getting out of her bed. “Are they angels?” I asked. “No, they’re Germans”, was her reply. Being carried downstairs (my parents around I think). Hearing sirens and then hearing a cockerel crow as we walked down the road to a neighbour’s house.
- Posing against a fence for a photo to send to Daddy who was far away.
- Being fascinated by the clock with the glass cover and the pendulum going round and round and my Nan saying she’d leave it to me in her will.
- Going to the cupboard at Nan ‘s house and getting out her button box to have a rummage through. Why was I so fascinated with them I’m wondering now?
- Seeing the flat irons warming on their ledge over the oven in the living-room fireplace.
- Milly Molly Mandy books – my favourites when I was small.
I wrote these down yesterday afternoon so, of course, now other memories have re-surfaced and one of them has led me to have some reservations about re-creating memories………
6th August 2015